Thursday 6 September 2012

Habits: Ronn Torossian, CEO and founder, 5W Public Relations

Morning ritual

Ronn Torossian: I usually wake up at 5am and spend 15 minutes checking up on my email and the news. I then work out until 7am, have breakfast with my kids, and walk to work by 8am.

Required reading

Ronn Torossian: I read The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and New York Post every day.

First PR job

Ronn Torossian: I worked for the Likud Party in Israel, where I first discovered what it was like to be in the eye of the media storm 24/7.

Best career advice you've ever received

Ronn Torossian: My mother taught me that the only limits in life are those you set for yourself.

Favorite city to travel to on business

Ronn Torossian: Chicago. It's a beautiful city full of good people. It's also a great place for PR business.

Proudest career achievement

Ronn Torossian: Being placed on the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing American companies in 2007 and 2008 and being chosen as a semifinalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.

Most regrettable career moment

Ronn Torossian: Nothing I'll admit to. Every single day I make mistakes.

Most distinct aspect of your office

Ronn Torossian: I'm a voracious reader and have a number of bookshelves in my office where I stock books that I enjoy giving away to people – marketing books, business books, and even religion books. Of course, the most meaningful items are the framed photos of my children.

Person to call in a crisis

Ronn Torossian: When I need immediate advice, I call my best friend, who is also a self-made entrepreneur. As my rabbi taught me, when seeking an adviser, the most important questions to ask are: “Do you like them? Do you respect them? Do they really care about you?” If the answer to those questions is “yes,” then take their counsel and advice seriously.

Mentor

Ronn Torossian: My mother is my mentor. She taught me the value of hard work without taking shortcuts, the importance of believing in myself, and the will to never stop aspiring to be better, wiser, and to do more. She taught me more than anyone ever could.

Ideal job, if not in PR

Ronn Torossian: If I couldn't work in PR, I'd want to be in politics, making a difference in the civic world, or a rabbi, making a difference in the spiritual world.

Source:http://ronntorossian.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-03-30T16:18:00-07:00

No comments:

Post a Comment